Monday, March 10, 2008

Sad day in the neighborhood

Katie and Bennett's story is so scary! Good thing it had a spiritual connection. Andrew and I also had something very similar happen to us, but there is no uplifting ending or spiritual significance. The story is as follows:

As we were moving into our house, a few weeks ago, Andrew was carrying in our huge TV. It's an old TV and it's heavy and bulky. So Andrew is carrying it down the hall and into the living room when he starts to stumble, I figured he was joking so I started to laugh. And then I see hum lunge forward with the huge TV, barely missing the couch. He ends up smashing the TV between himself and the floor. So when he gets up he has this huge gouge in his arm, but he doesn't care about that, all he can think about is whether the TV is going to work or not. He plugs the TV in and turns it on and nothing happens. Continuing to believe that he can get it to work he starts chanting, "it's still OK, it can work, it can work!" I stood there watching him try to get the cracked, smashed TV to work and laughed and laughed and laughed. It really was quite a sight. Needless to say, I did not pray that it would work (I didn't even think about doing that). Perhaps Andrew was praying, but obviously God didn't answer his supplication in the way Andrew wanted. Which really is too bad since we had to go buy a new TV and we're really cheap, so spending money on a new flat-screen TV was not our cup of tea.

1 comment:

Katie Johnson said...

Ha!!! I was laughing out loud when I read this. Did you make Andrew read it? Poor Andrew! I'm glad you got a flat screen TV though. Does it fit in your entertainment center?