
Ah!! It's hideous! Look at it! No, don't look at it! You'll throw up and start screaming. Then you'll choke to death. Well, this isn't a picture of an actual spider but I'm going to tell you a story about a horrible, venomous, ferocious, petty spider. He doesn't have a name but I'll call him Lucifer. One morning I just got out of the shower and I walked into my bedroom. Usually water is dripping down your back but I felt something a little more sickening than water. I looked over my shoulder and saw this humongous tarantula flash across my back. What did I do? What would any sane person do? I started screaming (loud!) and smacking it (I know, brave of me). Prior to this horrible scene of blood and screaming Bennett was sleeping. T’was the case no more! When the first scream sounded he jumped straight out of bed and started yelling. I yelled too, "A spider was on me!" He stared at me for a second then fell back down into bed. I asked him to check the rest of my back and pick up the spider off the floor that I had killed before he came back to life. He did so but after telling me he thought that my screaming meant that someone was attacking me, like there was a ravenous dog in our house. It was worse. It was the spider of death.
2 comments:
I heard a similar story when I was a wee child from Aunt Terry. She got out of the shower and dried off with her towel and then felt a painful prick on her arm and saw that a spider was on her towel and bit her. She thought it was a fiddle-back spider, so she caught it and took it to a spider expert or something. I don't know the outcome of the story, but I do know that from that point on I have shook (shakted, shooky?) out my towel before I dry off with it. This incidence just proves that my paranoia is well founded. Hey I spelled paranoia right!
I love this. It made me laugh. I doubt it was really a trantula... Eeew, just think...it had to crawl up your leg or down your head to get there. Gives me the shivers.
Post a Comment