Well, I have another life-changing thought. Andrew and I went to the science center here in Phoenix this last week. While we were there this girl that worked there came up to us to show us some optical illusions. So she shows us this one, and tells us that it's made of completely straight lines. Well, I didn't believe her so I put a paper up to the edge of the star, and behold it's a curved line! So I tell her, "that isn't a straight line" and she replies, yes it is it's a whole bunch of straight lines put together to make a curved line. Well, let me tell you I thought that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard! I was like, duh you could argue that all lines are just small straight lines put together. And if any of you have taken calculus you will know that that's what integrals are based on. Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed with the science center's optical illusions.
1 comment:
my dearest christine, the girl was right. it is a series of straight lines. You can reproduct the same by connecting lines from the end of one vector to the beginning of the other until you reverse the order.
Love,
Your mother who knows everything
Post a Comment