Friday, October 23, 2009

"Its a birthday present to me!" NOT ANY MORE BABY!


This is pretty much the conversation that happened to me last tuesday at my family impact job:


Kuzco: Oh, and by the way, you're fired. Yzma: Fired? W-W-What do you mean, "fired"? [Kuzco snaps his finger and a servant comes in and writes down Yzma's "pink slip"] Kuzco: Um, how else can I say it? "You're being let go." "Your department's being downsized." "You're part of an outplacement." "We're going in a different direction." "We're not picking up your option." Take your pick. I got more."



just replace the word "fired" with laid off and its pretty much right. They were really nice about it, but kinda sudden. The business is not surviving and so they could not afford to keep me. At least I know its not due to job performance.


SOOOO... the point is: No more laptop birthday present to me!


I guess I will have to wait until I can find me another job, that one took me 2 and a half horrible months to find, and then I can invest in a computer. But I have faith. I have been working so hard and being a good little girl, so hopefuly the Lord will bless me to find something else for winter semester! :..( I liked having money! boo hoo

2 comments:

Christine said...

I am so sorry!!!!! But now you only have one job right? Do you get any unemployment benefits?

Katie Johnson said...

Whaaaa! (That's the sound of a baby crying- me crying). Sorry! If I had a business you would definately get an interview! Just kidding! I love you and will pray that you find something close to Provo.