This blog has lost its purpose. It used to be about crafts and interior decorating and family stuff. It used to have a soul. Now I see blogs about the colon, fire that doesn't smoke and snorting cocaine at J.B.'s. It used to be about something good, something pure. It used to remind us of what it meant to be a financial analysis assistant with nothing to do at work but waste time and money surfing the internet. It's not too late to turn it around. It's not too late to pull this blog down off the auctioneer's block. This blog brought us together as a family, can we allow it to be sold at such a cheap price? Are a few childish jokes and a picture of a comb over all that this blog is worth? Well I say NO. No to you Mr. Selleck. No to you girl that drinks straight from the bottle of extra virgin olive oil. I'm making a stand right here and now. So join me in our quest to take back our blog. We shall overcome. Join me and the day will come that we need not fear ridicule for blogging about our love of "nine patch quilt blocks". I have seen what this blog can become. I've learned my lesson and the only way to make a lesson learned become substantial,the only way to make it life changing, the only way to make sure you feel it inside is if that lesson is punctuated with the slow clap. That dramatic drawn out clap that begins as a solo act of supportive understanding and grows to a stupendous crescendo of epiphanous proportions. Like a growing thunderstorm of cathartic lightning and empathetic rain the slow clap drives home the important lessons in life in a way that makes our enlightenment grow and ensures we will never forget. Save our blog and watch this clip so that you really understand what is at stake here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8
3 comments:
I'm trying to understand. But I'm going to need to go downstairs and take about 4 hormone pills before I can even get my brain engaged. Then I am going to read the blog again and look at the youtube movie again and I'm sure it will come to me how I can just clap my hands and then I can say "YEAH" "YEAH" with a really really stupid look on my face.
By the way . . . you are an amazing photographer. Maybe National Geo wants to hire you.
I think your intro into the movie was way more exciting than the actual clip. With your amazing writing skills you should have no problem finding a job as a tabloid columnist! You could write stories about fish that have the head of satan and cool stuff like that. Think about it.
Hey, Christine is onto something really great. Please consider it. (The part about the satan-headed fish is fantastic)
Post a Comment