Monday, August 6, 2012

Pictures and Stuff

I wanted to share some pictures with everyone of the week that Christine was here.  
 Since Christine is handicapped by her disease, we decided to take advantage of the many gluten free restaurants that Portland has to offer.  Michael was pretty absorbed in his "shows."  I will be using this technique in the future when Eva is old enough to enjoy "shows" and not enjoy eating out.
 Bennett wants me to write, "Look how little Eva looks and how fat I (Bennett) look in this photo."
 We did a lot of eating out while Christine was here because of the many GF options.  This is my favorite frozen yogurt place in Lake Oswego.  The lady who owns the place played cars with Michael on the floor while we got our yogurt.

 This was our visit to the Portland Temple.  The above picture was self taken.  Can you tell?
 Christine, Michael, Eva and I went to a place called silver falls.  The above picture represents how Christine was taking a picture of a waterfall, and not hearing anything around her because of the volume of the falls, she looked down the path and saw Michael quite a ways away, tipped over in his stroller.  She didn't put the break on and he rolled away and tipped over!  She couldn't hear him crying over the sounds of the falls.

 Michael wanted to carry this stick the entire time.  He wanted to bring it in the car but we assured him that we would be able to find it at the next stop.
 I took this picture of Eva's head to show her balding.  She's lost almost all her beautiful birth hair except for the hair around the sides.  She now looks like Benjamin Franklin.

 This was a walk that I went on with Eva to try to get her to sleep.  I think the last nap she had was at 11 am that morning and it was only 40 minutes long.  By the time we went on this walk it was around 6:00 pm.  She slept for 15 minutes of the walk then proceeded to be awake and stare.  Don't you need to sleep sometimes baby?
 Here's Bennett doing something to Eva.  Actually, he's practicing "The Happiest Baby on the Block" moves on Eva.  They work to an extent but we haven't succeeded in getting her to sleep with the techniques.
 THIS is how you get her to sleep.  Sleep on dad.
 Here's Eva at 5 weeks.  I'm going to try and take a picture each month of her growth.  I'm not sure how long she is but at her last dr. apt. (at 4 weeks), she weighed 8.5 lbs and was 21 inches long.
I love this dress on her!  Bennett wanted to take her to the park to take pictures of her in this dress but she finally fell asleep so the photo shoot was a no-go.  I think Bennett picked out this dress when we went baby clothes shopping before Eva was born.  He said he didn't really like the pink clothing and bought some girl clothes that were not pink.  We have a ton of 0-3 month clothing for Eva but she's not going to wear any of it because it's too hot.  She just hangs out in her diaper all day.

2 comments:

Penny the Mom said...

She is so BIG!! She must be getting some pretty great milk. Keep posting the adorable pictures. I love to look at them.

Christine said...

That first pic of me is scary! It looks like I have Graves Disease... Thanks for letting us come! Eva is a great baby!