Thursday, November 10, 2011

Occupy My Couch: Because I am the 50%



Katie and I went downtown the other day to get lunch at the Portland food carts, which is the greatest culinary experience ever. While downtown we stopped by the Occupy Portland protest encampment which takes up almost three city blocks. It was like entering an alternate reality where a tear in the space time continuum caused Woodstock and a prospectors camp from the Alaskan gold rush to converge on the same location at the same time. (I think that was an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation actually). It was a very interesting experience strolling through this small bit of democratic squatting. There were more available amenities than I expected there to be; there was a kitchen area, garbage dump, information booth, even a library was set up. There was also a plethora of smells as you strolled through this small city within a city and people of every type imaginable, but I'll only post pictures of the crazier ones because sensationalism is all the rage these days.











Not sure how I feel about the Occupy movement, I find it  commendable and deranged at the same time. However, they have inspired me to start my own protest.

OCCUPY MY COUCH
I am the 50%

Because I am tired of Katie taking more than her share of the couch and hogging the TV.
(just like the occupy Portland protesters I will also be using questionable hygiene as a means of emphasizing my message)

3 comments:

Penny the Mom said...

Please Bennett, please write books! You are extremely clever, easy to read and yet somehow thought provoking at the same time. Curious!

Christine said...

Thought provoking?!! The only thought that came to my mind is Katie is going to vomit a whole lot more with your "questionable hygiene".

Katie Johnson said...

Christine has some personal anger against Bennett. Not so hidden in this last comment...