
For my Psychology class we watched this video about the science of beauty. It's very interesting. Aparently beauty is math. It all boils down to the golden ratio which is 1 : 1.618. This mask is a diagram set to the golden ratio. This means that every portion of the mask is exactly the golden ratio based on another part of the face. For example: if the base of your nose measures 1 inch across then from one tip of your mouth to the other should measure 1.618 inches. That works for the whole body! The measure of the front tooth should be 1.618 and the side tooth should be 1. People who follow this exact measurement are the beautiful ones. The mask fits almost perfectly on men and women like supermodels and Tom Cruise. Here's an example of a model who's face is almost exactly the golden ratio:
So how did Bennett and I measure up? I'll show you:

So the important thing is that we have character. Beauty doesn't matter anyway. Here's my face photoshopped to fit the mask perfectly. I added some hair for good measure.

Personally I think my face looks better normally but hey, what do I know?
4 comments:
I love your face the way it is. Did you notice how perfect Bennett's forehead is?
Where can I get that pattern?
To get the mask just right click on it (the mask in my post)and click on "save as." Save it in your files. I had to erase the white in order to use it over my picture. To do that open it in photo shop and use the "magic selector" and click on the white and hit delete. You'll probably have to do that a couple of times to get all the white.
Very interesting. Why were they talking about beauty in that class anyway. Shouldn't you be talking about the brain or something?
Post a Comment