Friday, May 9, 2008

Pinkie and the Pink Pink of Pink

Imagine this: me driving down the road and doing a complete rubber-neck at a sight so strange, so weird, so... I'll just have to tell you. So I'm driving home and as I go through an intersection I see this hot pink, brand new scooter. Pretty funny huh? Actually what I thought was funny was who was driving this scooter. Picture a scrawny, lanky, guy in his 40's, balding head of gray hair, wearing clothes that he's worn for the past 10 years day in day out. Actually picture someone like my dad driving down the street in a hot pink scooter. Can you picture the way he would do it? Completely serious, not thinking about riding such a scooter, legs close together as he sits and not thinking anyone will notice a 40 year old guy on a hot pink scooter. I was laughing. I thought it was pretty funny. This guy and the pink downtown man need to get together. It would be a friendship that would last through the millennium. The pink man walks, rides, jogs all day around the trolley square area wearing hot pink tights, shorts, shirt, hat and shoes. Even his bike is hot pink! I'm wondering what this pink man does for a job to afford buying only hot pink clothes. People who wander around downtown all day don't have much of a choice in clothing.

2 comments:

lulu said...

Wow! I just read up on your blog. I had no idea what was going on with your family. How is Spencer doing now?
If Christine does eat gluten, what would happen?
You're amazing Katie. Just wanted to tell you that.

Anonymous said...

Ha!! You know who the Pink Guy is!! Travis and I have been witness to many sightings. Last I saw him I think he seriously has skin cancer..as his skin is bright red like a horrible sunburn. Maybe he was trying to make his skin pink too.