Our first stop was the 9/11 site. This is the place right across the street where the workers slept and regrouped. It was a really spiritual experience for me. New Yorkers are amazing at giving of themselves when called upon.
The freedom tower.
I had the awesome opportunity of going to the memorial right before Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on the area.
on the Staten Island Ferry... a great view of the Statue of Liberty and the downtown.
Bethesda Fountain in Central Park
Lalalala don't be shy, kiss de girl
Mom went on the subway! Saw some crazy people, grabbed some rats and ate some trash.
Her favorite part: The MET Museum of Art.
Here we are in Harlem eating at Sylvia's. It's one of the most popular restaurants in the city. Full of history. Mom ate some soul food: chicken and waffles.
I had the best time with Mom and I'm so glad she got to come see the city!










4 comments:
Thanks for the pics! Glad you finally put them up! Hope you are doing well
Leesa, I am much wanting to visit the New York. When I will make the wife to go there you can with us to see.
That previous comment was from Bennett. He didn't know I was signed in. The following comment is from me: it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I want to come visit too! Thanks for posting these. It's cool to see the memorial towers. When we were there in 2007 there was just a big hole in the ground with a fence around it.
Thank you for posting these. I loved being with you.
Post a Comment