Friday, April 8, 2011

A volcano with issues of self worth and a pink bear

Mount Tabor is an extinct volcano in east Portland that would be called Tabor hill in any place with actual, respectable mountains but here in Portland it is a mount. The volcano was built in the late 20's by the "Enemies of Portland Society", also known as the E.P.S., in the hopes that it would one day erupt and destroy the city. Mount Tabor suffers from a debilitating case of volcano envy and deppression as it has spent its life living in the shadow of Mt. Saint Helens, which is a real mount and, unlike Mt. Tabor, has acually erupted, killing thousands, gloriously fullfilling its role as a volcano. We went and had a picnic on Tabor hill tonight and watched the sunset this is not us but I thought that this couple captured the romantic spirit of the moment better than we did and so I put their photo on here. Plus the girl is wearing a fluffy bright pink bear head hat.


Further evidence that we are becoming Portlandites: I said to Katie tonight "It hasn't rained for quite a while" and then realized it has only been two days since it rained last, but it feels like a long time.
.

2 comments:

Penny the Mom said...

I'm going downstairs right now and sew you up a cool hat just like that only it will be yellow.

Christine said...

Looks like Bennett had fun on the playground