Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Collection of Short Stories to Leave You Gobsmacked

The Not-So-Worthy Couple

Katie and I sat by ourselves on the bench at Sacrament meeting. The deacon passed us the bread with no issues. When he brought the water he held the tray out to me and just as I was about to take the tray he pulled it back, turned away and walked off, never to return. We were only half righteous.



The Mysterious Case of the Text Messaging Boyfriend

Katie has been receiving random text messages since we moved to Portland. They are all from the same person, an acquaintance of ours from Logan who Katie has spoken to only a few times. They say things like "Good Morning Sunshine", "Good afternoon" and "Don't forget to send me your address" and they are usually sent at 5 or 6 in the morning. She even received the following picture message:



What Happens When Katie Leaves Bennett Home Alone?

This is what happens when I am left home all day bored, sick and by myself



Pornography in Portland

Take a look at our cable bill below and then guess who ordered that movie. Thats right it was Katie. Apparently living in Portland has brought out a hidden wild side in her not seen since she was a little kid pretending that McGyver was breaking into the bathroom while she took a bath. Scandalous, simply scandalous. She claims that it was on accident. Whatever. But either way I am never going to let her forget about it. From now on every time I do something wrong I can hang this over her head."Oh yeah, maybe I did ____________(insert act of stupidity here)______, but at least I didn't order the adult film on Cable."

6 comments:

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

That happens to me in Sacrament too!! Haha I use my GF bread so they think I'm being picky and give me weird looks when I reach for the water.

Betsy said...

You guys are too funny. I will never let Katie forget about the porno either. Thanks for hanging out with us tonight. Next time, Katie can't cheat at poker. deal?

Katie Johnson said...

Let me defend myself here: we had just set up our preferences on cable (block out R rated moves, don't show the titles of explicit movies...) and I wanted to see if the password was set up to purchase movies and pornography. I clicked on one of the pornographic chanels (I couldn't even see the title, it said TV Mature on it)and hit "buy" waiting for it to ask me for the password. It didn't! AH! I had just purchased Nude, Horney Teenagers (which I found out the title when I got the bill). Might I recommend that this is not the best way to see if you have a password set up or not.

Christine said...

Those are some funny stories. I think the Deacon knew Katie ordered that porno movie so that's why he passed you up.

Penny the Mom said...

BENNETTTTTT!!!! What have you done to my sweet Katie? Having you 2 go off by yourselves to Portland definately has brought out different aspects of your personality. Bennett is now the devil and Katie is . . . (well, I'm just too Christian of a woman to say).

Penny the Mom said...

uhhh, by the way, how was the movie?