Sunday, May 19, 2013
International Space Station? Home of the Future? Rectangular submarine, complete with disco club lighting?
Last night, while watching "The Best of Saturday Night Live" I made this "play tunnel" for Eva. I took this long cardboard box that we had sitting around, part of our cardboards of the world collection, and I poked the christmas lights through on top, cut out some geometric windows on the side, attached some interesting textures to the other side, like bubble wrap and quilt batting, then I hung some beaded curtains on one entrance (a bunch of buttons on lengths of yarn that Katie made for me) and on the other entrance I placed a peice of fabric cut into strips. She played in it this morning for the first time right when she woke up (at 5:30 am). She was so excited by the lights that she was panting/breathing heavily. It's a little ghetto and probably will not last more than a couple of days, but I plan on making Leesa sleep in it when she and Penny come to visit in 17 days. Can you tell we are excited for you guys to come? We are counting down the days.
Did you notice a theme here? Everything in her mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
You guys are fun parents!
Reminds me of what happened to the cat on National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJW3Jpqjx5s
I can't help it, it's the party pooper in me.
Ohh man! How did you know it was my dream to sleep in a ghetto space ship!? I look forward to this momentous occasion with a great degree of excitement!
Post a Comment