Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mandalas

A while back Katie introduced to mandalas. Mandalas are a hindu/buddhist tradition where a drawing of a circle, meant to represent the universe or self, is used as a means of meditation and discovery of the unconscious. They are an enjoyable and productive way for me to be creative and therapize myself at the same time. Anyway, I thought I would share them, more for their artistic value (or lack thereof) than for their psycho-analytical qualities (feel free however to make any assumptions pertaining to my mental health). Most are unfinished drawings that were just a representation of something I was feeling or thinking about at the time.










5 comments:

Christine said...

I don't even want to know what goes through your head. I've said it a bazillion time. I have no idea what you're thinking most of the time. Especially on that last one. I hope those are fish and not his organs.

Bennett said...

What Christine? You don't see a perfectly depicted metaphor for the futility of anger. That when we feel slighted, be it real or perceptual, and we lash out against an establishment, be it political, familial, economical, religious etc. (notice the crudely drawn different styles of architecture in the houses on the hill) we end up in actuality hurting those who are without reproach, even far removed from the source of our anger (little fishes in the sea). I thought I made that quite clear.

Katie Johnson said...

You're talented! I'm glad you posted these.

Leesa said...

Not only are you a photographer but you are an artist too! Bennett: full of surprises!

Bennett said...

Leesa, I got more surprises than an incontinent grandpa with a crate of cracker jack boxes.